What to expect when you contact SKA about your remodeling project . . .
- During your free consultation with S K Architects, we will first discuss the location of the property and what type of remodeling project you have in mind
- Then we do some research to see what the City allows - every city and neighborhood has different zoning codes and restrictions, and it can be complicated - but don't worry - we can help you figure out what applies to your situation
- Together we decide on the scope of the project (as determined by your needs & budget and the applicable zoning code). Then SKA will prepare a written proposal detailing the work to be performed, our fee and a timeline for completing the project. If you agree with the proposal, we will sign the contract and begin the design phase of the project
- During the design phase SKA will meet with you to discuss design options and your preferences. Once a design has been agreed upon, SKA will produce the drawings to begin the plan check and building permitting process.
- When City approves the plans and issues the building permits, you will then use the plans to obtain bids from contractors to perform the construction
- If you need referrals of contractors who have worked on some of our other projects, we will be happy to provide you with that information
- After you select a contractor, the work can begin - and we will always be available to answer any questions that arise during the remodeling construction process.